Where is the Bubbe Cart?!

Hello hello!

It is incredible how fast time has seemed to speed past.  It's already day four in Israel for Tamara and I. Jacob arrived yesterday, so I can safely call this his third day.

Our apartment is gorgeous. Renting an apartment from overseas, without having ever seen it, was incredibly nerve-wracking. It was a huge relief to walk in and see a huge, brightly lit common room and kitchen, newly redone bathroom and small but very clean bedrooms.





It has been such a joy getting acclimated to this new and wonderful city, meeting my new classmates and finally seeing the campus I will be where I will be studying for the next year.  On Tuesday Tamara and I took our first official walk to the our school's, Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion Jerusalem Campus.  It is awe inspiring to visit such a important institute of learning, I can not wait to begin study. Pictures to come eventually.

We took the official tour of campus with Jacob on Wednesday!  The place is a MAZE but it is beautiful, neither Jacob, Tamara  or myself remember much the information given to us on the tour.... Hopefully it will not take long to learn to navigate once we begin studying! 

Yesterday was full of adventures, most notably a journey to the Shuk (The giant outdoor market here in ירושלים) and walking all over Jerusalem in search of bedding - we were finally successful in our search! 
While we walked all over Jerusalem, we dragged behind us, our loyal "Bubbe Cart," which we use to carry groceries back to our house from the store or the Shuk. We almost forgot the cart several times but eventually we all made it home together.





Our loyal Bubbe Cart! <3

I am loving living here.  I could not ask for better housemates than Tamara and Jacob who are not only wonderful people, but my very good friends. As Shabbat approaches and I reflect on the crazy week that has passed, I can only say that I am truly blessed. 

Speaking of Shabbat, I am excited to celebrate my first Shabbat of my  here! The JETs have decided to host and are expecting 15 or so of our classmates tomorrow!  Time to clean and cook!

 להתראות!


0 comments:

Post a Comment